Coffee Card General Terms and Conditions
- These General Terms and Conditions explain how our discount card, Coffee Card, works, a service we offer to guests who wish to enjoy our general discounts offered in our coffee shops (“Service”).
- The Coffee Card is provided by Espresso House Group AB, a company incorporated under Swedish law whose principal place of business is at Södergatan 24, 211 34, Malmö, Sweden.
- You will be able to enjoy discounts without registering your personal information with Espresso House.
- The offers are subject to availability and may change at any time.
- Our Coffee Card is available for any person who is at least 18 years of age. If you are below the age of 18, you may only use our Coffee Card with the permission of your parent or legal guardian.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Table of Contents
- Coffee Card – The Service
- Your Information
- Geographical Scope
- Intellectual Property
- Changes and Updates to these Terms
- Governing law, legal disputes and complaints
- These general terms and conditions (”Terms”) are applicable when we, Espresso House Group AB, reg. no.: 559014-3748, Södergatan 24, 211 34, Malmö, Sweden, e-mail: [email@example.com] (”Espresso House”), offer our customers discounts via our Coffee Card (”Service”).
- To use the Service, you must be at least 18 years of age and you must agree to be bound by these Terms. If you are below the age of 18, you may only use our Coffee Card with the permission of your parent or legal guardian.
- You may only have one Coffee Card at the time.
- These Terms are applicable to our physical Coffee Card, which does not collect or store any personal data. For Terms and Conditions for our digital Coffee Card, which members of our loyalty program My Espresso House have access to, please read My Espresso House – General Terms and Conditions.
- By receiving a Coffee Card at one of our tills, you acknowledge and agree to these terms.
2. Coffee Card – The Service
- When you own a Coffee Card, and have it topped up with sufficient balance, you may use it as a method of payment in any of our coffee shops. When you use your Coffee Card to pay for your purchase you will receive a 10 % discount on selected food and drinks, and the amount due will be charged to your Coffee Card.
- You can go into any Espresso House coffee shop and ask for a Coffee Card. The card is not personal and receiving it is completely free of charge.
Top-up and payment
- When you have received your Coffee Card you may pre-pay or top up your card with whatever amount you choose, but with a minimum of SEK 300. You do this in the coffee shop by presenting the card to your barista and asking to top up or pre-pay your Coffee Card. You pay the amount you choose at the till, with debit or credit card, or cash.
- If you do not have enough balance on your Coffee Card at the time of purchase, you must top it up with the minimum amount mentioned in section 2.3 to complete the purchase. It is not possible to have a negative balance on your Coffee Card; to complete a purchase, your card must be pre-paid with the necessary amount.
- When you pre-pay or top up your Coffee Card, this transfer will be final. You will not be able to redeem your pre-paid amount; not by transferring it back to your debit or credit card, nor by cashing it out in our coffee shops.
- The minimum pre-paid amount is subject to change at our sole discretion.
- The 10 % discount is valid at regular prices and cannot be combined with other offers or with menus, such as the breakfast menu. Some items, such as our coffee grinders (Wilfa and Hario) and accessories (Chemex and Aeropress), are not eligible for discounts. There are also some exceptions to the discount among our coffee brew and tea products, which you will receive information about prior to your purchase.
4. Your Information
- When you ask for a Coffee Card you will not have to declare any information about yourself. Espresso House will not ask that you register or sign up anywhere to receive a Coffee Card.
- When you complete a purchase using your Coffee Card, we will only register the fact that a Coffee Card is being used, the time of purchase, and in which coffee shop a card is being used. We do this to better understand to what extent the Coffee Card is used by our guests, so that we can better develop the Coffee Card.
- This information can never be connected to you personally. We have, through our Coffee Card, no way of collecting or processing your personal purchase history or your location information. The card is completely anonymous and the use of a Coffee Card will never be able to be connected to a specific individual.
- Your pre-paid available balance on your Coffee Card will stop being valid after inactivity during a period of twelve (12) consecutive months, without giving rise to any liability towards you. This means that if you do not use your Coffee Card during a period of twelve (12) consecutive months, you will not be able to use the Coffee Card anymore, and any balance still on your card will fall to Espresso House.
- If you in any way lose your Coffee Card you are not entitled to any kind of compensation from Espresso House. The same shall also apply if your card is damaged in such a way that the magnetic strip cannot be read at our till.
6. Geographical Scope
- Your Coffee Card may be used in Espresso House’s coffee shops in the countries participating in the Coffee Card program. For information about the international availability, please see information on our website.
- The current exchange rate at the time of purchase will apply when you pay with your Coffee Card in a country with a different currency than the one you used to top up your card. Certain discrepancies may occur between different exchange rates, but Espresso House will never charge more for a product than what the actual cost is in the coffee shop where the purchase is being completed.
7. Intellectual Property
- The Coffee Card and Espresso House brand is protected by copyrights, trademark and/or other intellectual property rights, held by Espresso House or any of our affiliates and business partners. No content on the Coffee Card or Espresso House brand may be reproduced, adapted, linked to, distributed or used in any way without prior written consent from Espresso House.
- Espresso House shall not be responsible for any loss of offers, or any other similar occurrence, due to any technical issues that may arise with the Coffee Card. If you experience technical problems with the Service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Changes and Updates to these Terms
- Espresso House reserves the right to modify and update these Terms at any time. Any updates will be announced through at least one of our information channels via our website. If changes are made to the Service that negatively affect your rights, we will inform you with a proper notice as required by applicable law.
- Changes apply from the time you have accepted the Terms (in conjunction with any new purchase through the Service), or 30 days after we have informed you about the changes. Espresso House recommends that you check our website, www.espressohouse.com, regularly to keep yourself up to date.
10. Governing law, legal disputes and complaints
- These Terms shall be governed by Swedish law, excluding its choice of law provisions.
- If you have any complaints concerning the Service, we ask that you first contact us at email@example.com and we will do our best to resolve the matter in good faith.
- If we are unable to resolve your issue in good faith, you are welcome to submit your matter to Allmänna Reklamationsnämnden (ARN) to have your issues tried by ARN. Espresso House will take a final position on the matter in question after it has been tried by ARN.
- In case of any legal dispute arising from these Terms, which is not settled through alternative dispute settlement, the Swedish courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction with Stockholm’s district court as the court of first instance, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- If the competent court finds that any provision of these Terms is invalid or unenforceable, the provision in question and all other provisions shall be valid and enforceable to the extent permitted by applicable law.